Saturday 7 May 2011

Mad about Mallinsons

.



.
If, like me, you tend to gravitate towards the light and hoppy side of the beer world then you should be paying more attention to a great Huddersfield Brewery that, in my eyes, can do very little wrong when producing their fantastic light, golden and very sessionable ales. The brewery is called Mallinsons Brewing Co and they have been regulars in my beer fridge since Rich from My Brewery Tap started stocking them on his website. They really do produce cracking examples of that style and tick all the boxes in terms of taste, flavour and refreshment.


The female owned brewery opened in 2008 and since then they have built up an appreciative and growing group of followers attracted to their well made, well hopped and well lovely beers. Word of their brewing and beer prowess has spread and Mallinsons beers are now being regularly stocked in pubs in places such as Huddersfield, Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield and Manchester.


 It would appear that Huddersfield is cutting the mustard when it comes to good beer and good beer places - what with Mallinsons, The Grove and now Magic Rock Brewery flying the flag for excellent beer. It's next on my list of beery towns to visit in England.


I haven't been fortunate enough to taste any of their cask beers but I've had my hands on and my mouth round some of their bottle beers including Dart, Castle Hill, Hidden Malt, Summit and 29 Arches. Everyone of them was outstanding in terms of taste and flavour and they hit the spot as lovely, light and very refreshingly drinkable beers to quaff during the Spring and Summer months.


You can find out more about Mallinsons here and you can buy some of their lovely bottles here





.

No comments:

Post a Comment